This website page has been prepared to assist you in making a fully informed decision to enrol in Nationally Recognised Training with Online Education, trading as The Interior Design Institute.
Online Education has fast become one of the preferred methods of study for people all around the world who are looking for additional skills to help them make more money, start successful careers, turn a favourite interest into something more or accomplish a personal quest for self-improvement. Whilst distance-learning programs have been available from a variety of providers for some time, it is the interaction of the web which has revolutionised the opportunities available to students wishing to study in this way.
While Online Education Pty. Ltd. is physically based on the east coast of Australia, the company prides itself on working internationally and with individuals from all over the globe. This diversity in staff not only provides a great depth of professional experience, but it also allows Online Education Pty. Ltd. to provide quality learning opportunities to even the most remote students in over 20 counties. Without these individuals it would be impossible to provide relevant and dedicated feedback to each and every one of our students.
Furthermore, all of the staff members at Online Education - managers, administrators, support and tutors alike - are dedicated to improving the lives of others through e-learning, and they firmly believe that this is the gateway to a better future.
We guarantee you will be provided with:
1. Industry recognised and developed training;
2. Practical scenarios to ensure your training is providing you with the skills required; and
3. Support services to ensure your training can be completed.
We will not guarantee:
1. You will successfully complete the training, as the onus is on you to undertake all training and complete all assessment tasks; and
2. You will be employed at the conclusion of your training, as we are not an employer.
Enrolling in this course is the next step to increase your skills and knowledge for the personal services industry.
We offer Nationally Recognised Training in:1. MSF50218 - Diploma of Interior Design
This qualification reflects the role of interior designers who provide advice mainly for residential building interiors. They may also be involved in the provision of advice about interior decoration. Individuals may be self-employed or employed in businesses such as design studios.
Designers provide a broad range of design advice and services, and are involved in:
The Learners most likely to undertake CUA50915 - Diploma of Photography and Photo Imaging are those who want to develop professional level specialised, technical and theoretical skills to plan, carry out and evaluate photo imaging services.
Practice at this level is underpinned by application of design theory and the ability to critically analyse and synthesise information from a range of sources.
Practitioners may work in a range of industry contexts, including commercial, domestic portrait, media, wedding, illustrative, institutional and art photography.3. CUA51015 - Diploma of Screen and Media (Specialist Makeup Services)
The Learners most likely to undertake CUA51015 - Diploma of Screen and Media graduates are those who work by themselves or as part of a team in the film, television, radio and interactive media industries and are required to possess a sound theoretical knowledge base and use a range of specialised, technical or managerial competencies to plan, carry out and evaluate the work. Our course focuses on Makeup Artistry and providing students with all the skills to start a successful career in this industry.
Our course is compatible with both PC and MAC devices and basic computer knowledge is required. You will need:- Microsoft Office with Excel, Powerpoint and Word (or similar software)
We recommend students also source the following:- Scale ruler with 1:50, 1:20, 1:100 scale
Our training is open and responsive to all people irrespective of age, gender, cultural or ethnic background, disability, sexuality, unemployment, imprisonment or remote location.
When considering enrolling in any training, it is important that you understand your status within each of the available enrolment types.
If you are seeking to enrol you must be either:
1. Australian citizen;
2. Permanent resident;
3. Humanitarian visa holder;
4. New Zealand citizen; or
5. Hold a Visitor, Work or Business Visa which has study provisions (can only study for the period allowed on your Visa).
Please click here to visit the Australian Government Unique Student Identifier (USI) website and complete the search to retrieve your existing USI number or create one if you meet the criteria.
International students studying offshore
International students studying offshore with an Australian training organisation do not need a USI. This also applies to New Zealand citizens.
There are no specific licences that relate to this qualification.
Prior to enrolling in the course, you need to consider the Australian Qualifications Framework statements of the typical achievement required to gain the Statement of Attainment and your belief in your ability to complete the training.
There are no special entry requirements for undertaking this course
Prior to deciding to undertake any training, we recommend you visit the websites, www.myskills.gov.au and www.training.gov.au and read the information provided about the training you're considering undertaking.
When you have determined the right training for you, after the enrolment process, you will be required to undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy test, designed to assist us in understanding any additional assistance you may need prior to commencing or throughout your training.
You undertake the training online through our Learning Management System (LMS)
1. Trainers are accessible at all times during the course, through email or the LMS. All questions will be answered within 24 hours;
2. Director, CEO and Student Support personnel are accessible at all times during the course, through email or though the LMS. All questions will be answered within 24 hours;
3. Learners have access to trainers on an individual and confidential level if there are any concerns in understanding; and the training information, or any other concerns relating to their training
The assessment principles of validity, reliability, fairness and sufficiency will be met through the delivery of assessment in real time and as a combination of Written Assignments, Practical Assessments, Written and Summative Assessments as each student undertakes the particular unit of study.
The competency standards as set in the relevant training package, shall be the benchmarks for assessment.
Trainers are responsible for ensuring that assessments are conducted practically and ethically and that competency is confirmed and evidence is relevant and available. Students are responsible for ensuring that they have the evidence to support their application for competency in a unit of study.
The assessment process will be managed through the timely and accurate auditing of assessment documentation, observation of assessment practices and auditing of the assessment process and documentation by the Industry Validation and Moderation groups.
All assessments conducted by us will:
1. Comply with the assessment guidelines defined in the relevant nationally endorsed training package. In the case of our training we will ensure that the competency assessment is determined by a vocationally competent assessor who holds the TAE40110 / TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or higher qualification.
2. All of our assessments within our RTO will lead to the issuing of a statement of attainment under the AQF where a person is assessed as competent against the National Endorsed units of competency in the applicable training package.
3. All of our Assessments will be:
We will achieve this through:
All our assessments will provide for applicants to be informed of the context and purpose of the assessment and the assessment process.
This will include information regarding assessment methods, alternative assessment methods if required to accommodate special needs or circumstances, information will also be included at the start of each unit or course as to the assessment processes, number of assessments, types of assessment and the individual weighting of each assessment.
1. Our assessments and assessment methods will ensure that we:
2. focus on the application of the skill and knowledge as required in the workplace, including:
3. We will ensure that we assess you in sufficient detail to ensure that we can determine that you have attained competency.
4. Staff are available to discuss and provide limited professional advice as to the outcomes of the assessment process and guidance on future options.
5. All assessment tasks must consider any language and literacy issues, cultural issues or any other individual needs related to the assessment.
6. Re-assessment is available, please contact Student Support form more information about our Appeals process.
The assessment tasks shall include any combination of the following:
1. Written questions; and
2. Practical demonstration.
Students not achieving competency for the units, will have the opportunity to be re-assessed on an individual basis by mutual arrangement.
To be deemed, in attendance, you are expected to complete 80% of all structured training and 100% of all assessment tasks.
Learners, who due to circumstances beyond their control cannot complete all units, may contact Student Support to ask for an extension, to complete their competencies.
You will behave in a manner which reflects the professional status of the industry that you are training for and shall respect the rights of others with regards to Equal Opportunities, Harassment, Bullying and Discrimination.
Unacceptable behaviour includes:
1. Inappropriate language swearing or abusive language.
2. Disrespectful behaviour to all other Learners, trainers and other individuals;
3. Misuse of our LMS;
4. Engaging in behaviour which may offend, embarrass, threaten or harm other students, staff or general public, including via electronic means.
Whereby we make any changes to any or all of the following:
1. Ownership and control of the legal entity.
2. Name of the legal entity or trading name.
3. Chief Executive Officer or accountable officer.
4. Location of Head Office or permanent training venue, and
5. Contact details of the organisation.
We shall notify learners as soon as reasonably practicable and also advise how these changes affect their training.
Should you wish to change the course, the request must be made in writing to Student Support.
We are equipped with the tools and resources for you to gain the skills necessary to work in your chosen industry and just like being at work you are required to treat our tools and resources with care and respect, observing all instructions in the correct and appropriate manner.
You will be held financially liable for all negligent, reckless or wilful damage to our property.
In keeping with the National VET Regulator Act 2011, Standards 2015, we have a complaints and appeals process to assist you when the need arises.
In making your decision to enrol with us, you need to be aware that:
1. A complaint relates to any matter not related to your training outcomes, and
2. An appeal only relates to your training outcomes.
You may complain or appeal:
1. Informally a brief email or message exchange with your trainer, where the trainer's explanation is sufficient to resolve the matter, or
2. Formally by email or message to Student Support via the LMS, where an investigation is required to resolve the matter.
Our full complaints and appeals procedure is available:
By emailing or messaging Student Support via the LMS.
We are not obligated to extend the period of your enrolment if you have not completed your course on time.
An enrolment can be extended with a payment of an additional fee. Please contact Student Support if you expect that you will require longer than the allocated course period.
Learners who leave the course prior to completion can receive a statement of attainment for all units completed, upon request.
Upon successful completion of your training may be able to gain employment in the areas for which you have been trained and prepared.
As stated earlier, we are not able to guarantee you will be employed at the successful conclusion of your training. The onus is on you to seek out the available employment opportunities and to successfully complete your training.
We embrace an ongoing policy of open communication and encourage feedback and dialogue with all learners to assist with meeting learner needs and concerns as well as for ongoing improvement of our services.
We would appreciate feedback in regard to your opinions, satisfaction, or other views about our operations, policies, procedures, and training delivery and assessment.
Feedback will be sought through the completion of a Learner Satisfaction Survey provided by us at the conclusion of your training. You may also be called upon by the regulating body ASQA (Australian Skills Quality Authority) to complete a survey on our services.
As a Nationally Registered Training Organisation we are able to collect fees from the learner and must provide or direct the learner to information specifying:
MSF50218 - Diploma of Interior Design: $2999. Although there may be discount offers available from time to time, so this price may vary.
This fee can be paid periodically or upfront. When fees are paid upfront there is an initial Deposit of 50% that is taken at the time of enrolment and the course fee balance will be deducted after 4 weeks.
After your initial skills assessment has been completed and your application for enrolment is accepted and you will be able to begin your studies.
All fees will be clearly noted on our website and through the LMS. Fees can be paid in the following methods:
The decision to enrol in any training has to be the right decision for your career aspirations and hopes for the future. To assist you in making the right decision, we allow a 7 day cooling off period immediately after the completion of your enrolment. If you decide to cancel within this timeframe, you will receive a full refund of any fees paid.
This period of time allows you to firm up your decision to enrol and complete the training.
Cancellations made by you must be made via email by you and is deemed to take effect on receipt of your written notification and our refund policy applies. See below REFUNDS.
Where we are unable to provide services for which you have paid, you will:
A learner with outstanding fees shall be suspended from undertaking any training and assessment services until such times as the outstanding arrears have been brought up to date.
Refunds of any unused portion of your fee payment are available in circumstances whereby we are unable to provide the services for which you have prepaid.
There is no refund of fees for:
1. Any poor and/or nonattendance;
2. Poor behaviour;
3. You simply changed your mind;
4. You in any way contributed to the problem;
5. You asked for a service to be done in a certain way against the advice of the business; or
6. You asked for a service to be provided in a way against the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015; or
7. Were unclear about what you wanted.
Note: Under the National VET Regulator Act 2011, Standards 2015, we are entitled to withhold issuing you with a qualification or statement of attainment until such times as all fees have been paid in full, and we shall exercise our rights under this section.
In the event of us having to cancel a course, without offering any acceptable alternative, then you shall be entitled to a full refund of monies paid and no further liability shall be incurred by us.
If you leave and/or abandon your course before the scheduled termination date and time, for whatever reason, no refund will be given.
It is the student's responsibility to pay fees on time according to the payment plan agreed upon at time of course enrolment.
Should a student require an extension for their fee payments, please contact Student Support, at least two weeks prior to fee being due.
A learner with outstanding fees shall be suspended from undertaking any training and assessment services until such times as the outstanding arrears have been brought up to date.
We have engaged with industry including skills councils and employers to ensure our training and assessment services are being delivered to meet the needs of the industry and that your training is relevant to industry.
This engagement ensures you are able to fulfil an industry need.
Under the National VET Regulator Act 2011, Standards 2015, you are required to undertake an initial skills assessment to assist with the identification of potential language, literacy or numeracy and non-vocational barriers to completing the training.
The initial skills process includes:
A Language, literacy and Numeracy assessment via a validated tool called the LLN Robot created by The Learning Resources Group.
This is designed to assist us in understanding, any additional assistance you may need prior to commencing or throughout your training.
We shall ensure AQF certification documentation is issued to a learner within 30 calendar days of the learner being assessed as meeting the requirements of the training product if the training program in which the learner is enrolled is complete, and providing all agreed fees the learner owes to us have been paid.
Statements of Attainment can be issued upon request, where a learner does not complete a full qualification or is only deemed competent in some of the Units of Competency.
If you have any learning difficulties, we encourage you to identify them either directly or in confidence to your Trainer, prior to course commencement.
We are subject to a variety of legislation related to training and assessment as well as general business practice.
This legislation governs our obligations as a Registered Training Organisation, our obligations to you as our clients, and relates to the industry that we are conducting training for.
This legislation is continually being updated and all employees are made aware of any changes.
The legislation that particularly effects your participation in our Vocational Education and Training programs includes:
As we offer training courses to all members of the community, we have established a number of vocational barrier supports which include special assistance with:
1. Assessment tasks, and
2. Language, Literacy and Numeracy.
Assistance will depend on the needs of the learner and may include referral to any of the following, singularly or in combination:
1. Reading and writing hotline;
2. Access to a dictionary or interpreting device; or
3. Foundation Skills program at a Community College or TAFE.
We are able to assist with the determination of suitable non- vocational support services to assist learners including, but not limited to:
When you elect to participate in training with us, you have a responsibility to:
You have a right to:
We will maintain and deliver high quality training courses, complying with the VET Quality Framework (VQF) accreditation requirements as a Registered Training Organisation.
We will maintain Workplace, Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities, Harassment, Bullying and Discrimination Policies and relevant legislation.
1. Have suitable qualified staff;
2. Provide all training services for which we are registered to provide;
3. Learner resources; and
4. Effective assessment tools.
All personal information provided to us is protected by the requirements of the Commonwealth Privacy Act, and is securely stored. It will not be accessed by any unauthorized person without prior written consent from the student.
You may be eligible to gain status for previous industry experience, studies in other courses or from other training providers.
If you fit in this category enquire about RPL/RCC or credit transfers which could significantly shorten your study requirements.
The fee's associated with Recognition of Prior Learning are:
1. Application fee $999.00 per application irrespective of the number of units applied for student that have previously completed a course with The Interior Design Institute; or
2. For students that have not studied previously with The Interior Design Institute, we will assess the work involved in the RPL process and create a bespoke plan and pricing according to each unique scenario.
Administrative records management specifications are determined by regulatory requirements, the business functions, technologies, risks, evidence requirements, retention and archiving, compliance requirements for external and internal reporting, security, storage and retrieval of information.
We maintain records of program development, program delivery, participants, human and physical resources, and financial and management activities.
Records we will collect for each student includes:
1. Participant personal details - recorded and entered at the time of enrolment and confirmed at training session
2. Course details - recorded and entered at the time of enrolment and confirmed at training session
3. Course units of competency or modules - recorded at the time of enrolment and confirmed at training session
4. Progress - recorded electronically by trainers/assessors.
6. Completed assessments retained for 12 months.
Participant records must be maintained for 30 years.
To access your personal records outside of your course, you need to email Student Support.
All training and assessment services are delivered and assessed in English.
We shall undertake an holistic approach to the delivery of the training which will be delivered online.
In addition, every effort will be made for participants to be involved in work placements over the training period.
The delivery methodology used to ensure effective delivery of the training package content to an individual learner or group of learners is:Online
This strategy requires participants to engage in structured training activities through our LMS to ensure the comprehension and understanding of the knowledge required to be successful as well as a mixture of practical demonstration and application of learned knowledge in a practical environment.
Learners and trainers will engage through the LMS on a regular basis to ensure a consistent approach is applied by learners and effective feedback is provided by the trainer.Work Placement
Note: Work placement is a learning and experience opportunity only, it is not an assessment task and will not be used to assess competence for awarding of a qualification or Statement of Attainment.
As per the requirements of the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015 (the Standards), we provide all of the training services you have purchased through the employment of person who:
1. Holds the Unit of Competency you are being trained in;
2. Has recent and relevant workplace/industry experience; and
3. Is considered a Subject Matter Expert in their respective field.
4. All Trainers and assessors hold the TAE40110 / TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Note: We don't engage any person or training organization to deliver our training and assessment services on our behalf
We are required to meet the requirements of the Volume of Learning for all learners, as described in the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) for each unit of competency on scope.
MSF50218 - Diploma of Interior DesignNew Learners
This Qualification is to be delivered via 18 months of structured training with the minimum hours for all learning to be completed is 1420 hours of structured training.
To achieve the amount of training each learner is to complete;
1420 hours of structured training, delivered online that includes:
The timeframe for existing workers will be determined after assessment of any application for Recognition of Prior Learning.
Each course will be delivered to meet the specific requirements for each student or group of students.
We believe that all accidents are preventable and seek to ensure a safe environment for all students and staff.
We will comply with all Federal and State working with Children legislation.
A list of all relevant legislation is available from the Federal Police Website http://www.afp.gov.au